Created for the highest demands
Lithium-Ion battery systems from Triathlon
Lithium technology has ushered in a new era in motive power technology. For us at Triathlon, this development was decisive at an early stage. For several years now, Triathlon Batterien GmbH has been producing battery systems based on the pioneering Lithium technology. TRIATHLON® Lithium-Ion battery systems are developed and designed for safe and reliable use in electric industrial trucks. The high-performance Lithium-Ion cells used offer maximum safety and predictability for challenging industrial application profiles.
"Made in Germany" and enduring in action
TRIATHLON® Lithium-Ion battery systems "Made in Germany" are characterised by intelligent monitoring and control electronics.
The appropriate high-frequency fast charger communicates with the battery or the industrial truck via CAN bus. Sophisticated safety components and protective devices allow all operating states to be monitored and offer maximum protection against incorrect use in practice.
Optionally, a wired, external multi-function display enables even easier analysis and control of the battery system.
Lithium-Ion battery systems
- Related voltage: 24, 36, 48, 72, 80, 96, 120 volt
- Available battery system energy content: 1.9 to 190.0 kWh
- Available capacities: 74 > 2000 Ah
- Discharging temperature range: -28 °C to +50 °C / -18 °F to +122 °F
- Charging temperature range: -28 °C to +50 °C / -18 °F to +122 °F
- Storage temperature range: -20 °C to +45 °C / -4 °F to +113 °F
- Charge factor: < 1.03
- Voltage: 24 to 80 volt
- Available charging power: 1.4 to 36 kWh
- Available charging currents: 50 to 400 ampere
- Efficiency: 95 to 97 %
- No centralized charging station needed
- Flexible – can be used anywhere and at any time
- Quick Charge – complete charges in as little as one hour
- Opportunity Charge – intermediate charges possible at any state of charge and without loss of service life
- Zero Emission – no formation of charging gases..
- Top Efficient – very high efficiency
- Capacity – energy content significantly higher than that of lead-acid batteries of the same size; multi-shift use possible without battery replacement
- Performance – stable voltage level leads to uniform driving behaviour of the industrial truck and thus enables higher handling performance
- Energy Recuperation – absorption of currents fed back from the vehicle with positive effect on operating time
- Safe – equipped with deep discharge and overcharge protection, single cell temperature and voltage monitoring and various fuses to prevent short circuits
- Active – active protection functions prevent almost all potential application errors
- TriCOM more – allows charging of up to eight batteries with only one charger
- TriCOM SR-Switching Technology – soft resonant switching guarantees maximum efficiencies of up to 97 %
- More flexibility due to decentralized charging stations
- No explosion hazard and no odors due to gassing
- Longer operating times and higher productivity due to fast and opportunity charging
- The TRIATHLON® battery system is absolutely maintenance-free – No refilling of water necessary
- No need for battery change-outs and additional spare batteries
- No battery change-out equipment needed – the TRIATHLON® battery stays in the vehicle during charging and throughout its useful life
- No need for centralized battery rooms with expensive ventilation systems and fire doors
- Very low operating costs combined with significant savings in electricity and water costs
- TCO (Total Costs of Ownership) benefits – significantly reduced overall costs
- Virtually 100 % protection against application errors
- Significantly reduced CO2 footprint
- Different battery capacities and voltages can be charged on the same charger
Fast and easy conversion
TRIATHLON® Lithium-Ion battery systems replace Lead-Acid batteries without any problems – and without interfering with new or existing industrial trucks. Replacing the batteries is extremely easy thanks to customised installation troughs with identical stop and fastening points:
"Lead out - lithium in" makes it possible to benefit from the resource-saving and efficient TRIATHLON® Lithium-Ion technology from day one.